MS LINDIWE MAKAYA
The Department comprises of two (2) Units, headed by the Director: Planning and Economic Development with the administrative support of a Secretary.
The (2) units are as follows:
1. Spatial Planning and Economic Development
2. Human Settlements and Development Control
DEPARTMENTAL MISSION STATEMENT
- To ensure integrated spatial planning, sustainable land use management and stimulation
- of economic development through:
- Exploiting existing economic potential of the Dipaleseng.
- Providing a framework for spatial planning and land use management.
- Ensuring well planned and desirable settlement patterns
- Establishment of safe and sustainable human settlements with security of tenure
CORE FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Land Use administration
- Spatial/ Town Planning and spatial information
- Ensure viable economic development (LED)
- Manage all human settlements related matters
- Facilitate the development of relevant policies
- Manage by-Laws and policies relevant to the department
- Direction and management of the performance of employees in the Department
- Develop and control departmental budget